Sunday, January 21, 2007

What is the impact of the globalization on healht?

Is globalization a positive force to achieve better health outcomes? We are in a period were globalization is a fact, we need to try to use the benefit that it provides to improve global health.
Last class we discussed the different aspects of globalization, we explored examples where globalization generated good and bad outcomes and there is one thing that I would like to remark. We saw that we live in a world where there exist many differences between individuals and we can not be indifferent about it. We are the next generation of public health leaders and we can make a difference.
I plan to return to my country upon the completion of my master, and there I want to work in order to help the less fortunate people have better health. This will guide my career.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Marina,
I agree with your comment indicating that many times there are great disparities between the rich and the poor in health care and other arenas.

I believe that you mentioned in class that you are interested in childhood diabetes, what kinds of organizations exist in your home coutry addressing this issue.

Marina said...

I will find out and let you know, right now I do not have that information.